COCM CHINESE OVERSEAS CHRISTIAN MISSION
Your donation will support the following needs of the refugees:
- The ministry by Poland Baptist church that supports Ukrainian families who have fled to Warsaw.
- Warsaw Chinese Christian church that has already started to receive members from Ukrainian churches, and Ukrainian refugees.
- Settlement centres at Warsaw that provide shelter, food, and transitional needs for the refugees. The churches are also looking for rental places to receive more refugees.
- The ongoing and long-term services that the churches providing to the refugees. There are about 1 million refugees, mostly women and children, have fled to Poland. For children, their immediate needs include emotional support, physical care, and education.
- A sufficient and suitable venue for us to rent, and hiring of professionals that came from Ukraine.
- The rent of the property we found. It can accommodate over 20 people but has a minimum 2-year lease with a rent of CAD $5000 per month.
The first batch of donations from local churches and groups was already wired to the Warsaw church in Poland. COCM Canada remits 100% of the donations received for this project. Bank remittance fee paid by COCM.
Please note that CCM Canada is only receiving your online donation on behalf of COCM.
COCM will issue the donation receipt and follow up if needed.
Canadian Baptist Ministries (CBM)
As the conflict increases, Ukrainians across the country have fled their homes, evacuating to neighboring countries. The U.N. estimates the wave of refugees could reach 5 million. As part of the Baptist Forum for Aid and Development (BFAD), CBM is immediately releasing funds to support the response of the European Baptist Federation (EBF) and the Ukrainian Baptists as churches open their buildings to host refugees and provide essentials, such as food, clothing and personal hygiene supplies.
One of our CCM Canada colleagues – Pastor Rici Be joined a team from Canadian Baptist Ministries (CBM) to participate in coordinated efforts with All4Aid in Romania to welcome and serve the Ukrainian refugees. Here is his appeal: Rici Be (givetogo.org)
We desperately need your prayers and monetary support to provide the necessities for Moldova and Ukraine Baptist Union to continue their efforts. They are receiving refugees and providing them with emergency shelters. To learn more about the efforts and updates of CBM’s work, please visit: CBM Ukraine Crisis website
Children and their families are bearing the burden of the escalating crisis in Ukraine. Will you help CBM to respond to their needs?
CANADIAN RED CROSS - UKRAINE CRISIS APPEAL
Please give today to help those impacted by the crisis in Ukraine. Your support could help:
- Relief Items: Distribute vital relief items like blankets, baby items, food, water, and hygiene kits.
- Medical Supplies:Provide medical supplies to hospitals, including insulin, medications, and war-wounded kits.
- Humanitarian Specialists Send Canadian Red Cross humanitarian specialists in areas like health, shelter, and operations management.
February 25, 2022. Olenovka, Ukraine.
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) and local Red Cross carry out a water distribution in Olenovka.
March 1, 2022. Kyiv. Even amid fighting that limits humanitarian response, the Ukrainian Red Cross is supporting people and communities affected by conflict. Ukrainian Red Cross is providing food and basic necessities to thousands of people hiding in bomb shelters and metro stations.
Photo: URCS/Trebukhov for LB.ua
March 7, 2022. Lublin, Poland.
People who have fled Ukraine, can stay at this shelter near Lublin. The Polish Red Cross supplies beds and blankets, but also food and water. A week and a half after the violence in Ukraine escalated, around 300 people have taken temporary shelter here, mainly women and children.
Photo: Netherlands Red Cross